Lest you think I was kidding about the gold jacket love earlier this week. It was not a passing fad. I want to put one on, grab some heels and a clutch and hit the town. Who’s with me? Let’s dance to some of these songs as we toast to the weekend!
Is there anything worse than being told that you look tired? Didn’t think so. Like many of you, I’m up early, working hard all day and doing my best to take care of myself. Being a modern-day Super Woman, however, doesn’t always mean you look or feel refresh. Here are some of my tricks for combating the dreaded fatigue face.
1. Fresh Face First: 2013 was the year of the skin freak out for me: break outs, texture change, you you name it. My tried and true methods weren’t working and I had to get some new tools in my arsenal. Namely, thine weapon of choice is a Clairsonic Mia 2. It’s been a huge improvement, along with adding a face brightening serum and legit moisturizer into the rotation. I’m still testing out my faves and will get back to you with my picks.
2. Makeup Perk-Up: Speaking of tools in your arsenal, these are a must: primer, highlighter, eyeliner, lip color and a bit of gold eyeshadow. Basically, you want to keep features defined and makeup in place throughout the day. Liquid liner is my favorite (get the pen style – so much easier to apply!) and you’d be surprised at how a little gold eyeshadow on the inner corner of your eyelid can brighten your whole look.
3. Get Physical: Move around, keep good posture and smile. Those little things can majorly boost your mood even on a downer day. Plus, I’m convinced that staying positive will keep you young.
4. Aqua Por Vida: Most likely you’re not getting enough water. Trust me, I’m the worst offender. When I am good, I really notice the difference of proper hydration. Notice how I didn’t mention coffee or energy drinks here. A glass of water is almost always what your body is needing more than a jolt of caffeine.
5. Snooze or Lose: Well, this one is obvious, but it’s really important. Sometimes you can’t fake looking rested if you don’t get rest. Shocker, I know. Put yourself and your health first! It wasn’t too long ago that I realized averaging 6 hours of sleep each night wasn’t good for me. To help remedy this bad habit, I downloaded the Sleep Cycle app. It tracks your sleep patterns, gently lulls you awake without breaking your sleep cycle, and even has soothing ambient sounds. Plus, charts!
If you have any tips to share, please let us know in the comments. I’m sure there are yawning people dying to hear.
In all honesty, I had hoped to skip the Super Bowl completely this year. There’s not much to hold my attention with football lacking local teams and any sort of story line, plus the best commercials are online days before. That all changed when Bruno Mars took the stage. Casual glances at the tube turned into a transfixed gaze. He’s got the old school vibe that I love, love, love.
Know what else I was diggin’? That gold jacket. Oh baby!
Menswear for the lady folk isn’t new, but add in that retro Motown element? Swoon! It’s a fine line to master the retro menswear-inspired look, so let the pros show you how it’s done. Two of my faves? Gwen Stefani and Janelle Monae. I mean, look at how these ladies rock the pomps!
Seriously, how can you not have a girl crush on these two? Throw in Bruno Mars and you’re guaranteed one heck of a stylishly rockin’ time.
What. A. Week. I just wrapped up the busiest work week of the year and am feeling exhausted yet inspired to take on the world of wine. It’s not all fine dining and drinking on the job, in fact it very rarely is, but I count myself lucky all the same. Plus – I get a new assignment come February and I couldn’t be more excited about it. I just wish I could share all the fun stuff with you! In due time, I’m sure I’ll be able to spill some
beans bubbles! (Hint, hint!)
In the spirit of something sparkly, let’s toast to the weekend with the latest Sparkle Meets Pop playlist, shall we? Somewhere in there is my anthem of the moment. I’ll let you guess which one.
Have the best weekend!